This privacy notice lets you know how Plumb Now promise to look after your personal data. This notice tells you things like what information we use to provide you with our bundle of home and professional services, how we use your information to keep you safe, and the choices and controls available to you. This notice also tells you about your privacy rights and how data protection rules work to protect everyone.
Advanced City Plumbing Ltd T/A Plumb Now is the Controller of your personal data unless otherwise stated below.
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the Plumb Now app, a private limited company, founded in the United Kingdom. The term “you” or “your” refers to the customer or user who requests, hires and/or receives a professional service through their Plumb Now app account.
The term “service provider” refers to our Plumb Now Member who accomplishes the professional service (job) at requested job location by the customer.
We only process information that we need, so we can provide you with the best service on our home services marketplace.
- Contact details: things like name, phone number and e-mail address. For some of our services we might require a little more, like your home address or job description.
- Profile information: things like your profile picture, saved addresses, language and communication preferences. For some of our service providers we might require a little more, like your qualification or certification.
- Geolocation: such as where you need the service, or the location of nearby service providers to you, the time, the journey progression of the service provider and the job location address.
- Payment information like the amount charged and the payment card used. Communication and correspondence records such as when you engage with our in-app chat, or speak with our customer service agents.
- Limited identification data of the device, like the IP address, on which the Plumb Now app has been installed.
- Data about the usage of the services: things like data about job status, times and data about your conduct as assessed by service.
- Data related to communication through instant messages directly in the Plumb Now app ("Chat with Service Provider" option): date and time of the communication and its content.
2. Purpose of the processing
We process your personal data so we can provide you with one or more of our home or professional services:
- We connect you with a service provider, help find you the service you desire: We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting customers with service providers so you can be located; or to show you where our nearest available service providers are located, such as our plumbers or electricians for example. Instant messages directly on the Plumb Now app are processed in order to provide service and customer support, and for security purposes as well as to improve our products and services.
- We make sure the app is optimal: We use contact details to notify customers and service providers of updates to the Plumb Now app so you can keep using our services. We also gather limited data from the device that you use to connect you with our internet, mobile and telephone services, and to help keep your account safe through authentication and verification checks.
- We make sure your job is the quickest, cheapest and most convenient to you: We collect data on the jobs requested by our customers and service providers to analyse geographic coverage. This let's us do things like improve recommendations to the service providers about the most efficient routes, and helps us make sure that are service providers are in the most convenient locations for customers.
- We maintain and promote standards: We collect data about job statuses, time and customer ratings from service provider feedback to encourage user safety, promote compliance with our terms and conditions, and make sure we’re providing a quality and enjoyable service to everyone. Customer support data and correspondence is collected for the purposes of feedback, and resolving disputes and service quality issues.
- We keep you informed: Your name, phone number and email address will be used to communicate with you for things like letting you know that your job has been completed, sending you job confirmation receipts, safety notices and letting you know about important service updates such as when bad weather or any pandemic suspends the hiring of our service providers.
3. Legal Basis
- Personal data is generally processed in order to provide the services contracted through the Plumb Now app with you. This means that to give you the service we promised you, and to meet our terms and conditions, we’ll process your personal data to meet those obligations.
We may from time to time rely on alternative legal basis when:
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as for processing data when the law requires it, including, for example, if there is a valid legal request to disclose personal information to a third party such as a court or regulatory authority;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, for example in the event of an emergency or an imminent threat to life; or
- you have given us clear consent to do so for another specific purpose in which you have been fully informed.
If you choose not to give us personal information it may prevent us from fulfilling the contract with you, or stop us doing something expected of us in law. It may also mean that we cannot operate your account. For example, we collect and process the personal data submitted by you in the course of installing and using the Plumb Now app; refusing to share geolocation data via the App means we cannot direct a service provider to your location for the job nor can we show you one of our service providers close to you. We will not be able to fulfil our obligations to you in other circumstances, for example, should you refuse to undertake an identity verification check to ensure the integrity of your account, then the account may be suspended or blocked to prevent fraud.
We only work with trusted partners (vetted and approved guild members) and authorities. We only share data when there is a valid reason to do so. We limit sharing to only that which is required. We do not sell your personal information.
- The personal data of the customer is only disclosed to the service provider when they engage with a job request on the Plumb Now app; in such a case, the service provider will see the name, job description, the masked phone number and geolocation data of the user (soon to be customer) who has raised a job request.
- After providing the home service, the name and the masked telephone number) of the customer will remain visible to the service provider. This is necessary for service providers to resolve any issues with the customer.
- Feedback given by customers regarding the quality of the service is anonymous. Your rating is private between you and Plumb Now.
5. Security and access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing our services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of InMotion Hosting Inc., which are located in the territories of Virginia, United States of America. Only authorised employees of Plumb Now and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding home services).
- Plumb Now and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in the respective country.
6. Your rights and controls
We want to stay in control of your personal data. Plumb Now provides you with controls through the app where you can view your personal information including your profile data and Job history (bookings). We also offer in-app settings like marketing opt-ins, and transparent cookie consent controls on our website.
Your right of access
- You can access your personal data via the Plumb Now app. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification
- You can access and update your personal data via the Plumb Now app. You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is otherwise inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to deletion
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. This means that your data can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights.
Plumb Now retains user data for only as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the home service it relates to, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active user account. If your account is closed, personal data will be deleted (according to our retention schedule and rules), unless such data is still required to meet any legal obligation, or for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data regarding services provided to customers will be stored for ten years after the last job. Data required for other accounting purposes will be stored for ten years after the last job.
- In the event of a suspected criminal offence, fraudulent activity or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for up to ten years.
- In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- Job history data and the data about usage of services will be stored for ten years, after which the data will be anonymised.
Please note that the deinstallation of Plumb Now app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data. If the Plumb Now app has not been used for five years, we’ll get in touch and ask you to confirm whether you wish to keep your account active for future use. If no reply is received in a reasonable time, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless such data is required for any purpose mentioned earlier in this privacy notice.
8. Direct marketing
- We may send direct marketing messages to your e-mail address when you have given us permission to do so, or under a soft opt-in basis.
- If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of one of our emails.
9. Payment Provider Gateway
- Our third-party way payment gateway provider “Stripe” uses an encrypted secure connection to process any payments via the Plumb Now app. We do not hold or store any of your credit card details.
- Stripe is an alternative payment processor gateway to paypal that is trusted by thousands of businesses around the globe, and accepts most credit and debit cards. The payment processor you’ll be using automatically implements Stripe JS, a superior feature by Stripe, to tokenize payments to keep card data secure. When you use Stripe.js on the Plumb Now app or website, the credit card data entered into your payment form is never sent to the merchant server at Plumb Now. Instead, the encrypted secure data is sent directly to Stripe.
10. Dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through customer privacy support firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.